THE CARNEGIE BUILDING
The original Carnegie Library was built in 1923. Additions were added in 1961 and again in 1974. It was one of the last Carnegie Libraries to be built in Canada. The Welland Historical Museum moved into the building in the spring of 2006. The building was recognized as being historically significant by the City of Welland, and on Saturday, October 14, 2006 was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act.
PARKING: Please note that the parking lot at the museum is for museum patrons only during regular operating hours. In accordance with By-law No. 89-2000, all other vehicles will be tagged or towed at the owner’s expense.
Effective October 1, 2013 the museum will not be accepting artifact donations, processing research requests or doing archive retrievals as we are undergoing renovations to our storage areas. Please check back in 2014 for scheduling of services and watch our website for photos of the renovations as they occur.
For any questions regarding the Museum and it’s operations please call 905-732-2215
The Welland Historical Museum gratefully acknowledges the financial support of The Government of Canada, The Government of Ontario, The City of Welland, Niagara Community Foundation and Ontario Trillium Foundation.
We are closed for renovations until further notice.