Phone: (905) 732-2215
Parties are a piece of cake at the Welland Museum
click here for
Party Package Price List:
- Exclusive use of the party room for up to 2 hours
- Exploration of the museum’s galleries
- Themed activities lead by a party host
- Ahoy Matey! – All pirates begin the party by making their own pirate hat. Our younger pirates can also make a hook, beard or eye patch. And what’s a pirate without a parrot? Older pirates can create their own treasure map and code breaker so that only those trusted will know where to find the treasure! The adventure continues on the high seas in search of clues hidden throughout the museum. The recovered clues will lead the party pirates to the treasure chest where a treasure awaits all guests.
- Dinosaur Hunt – Birthday guests become paleontologists, recovering bones hidden throughout the museum. The birthday child carries the official backpack holding the found bones until all have been recovered. The kids will then piece the puzzle back together and create the dinosaur they found. Crafts include paper dinosaurs for our younger explorers, fossil-making for all ages and origami claws and dino feet for our older guests. Other activities can include a dinosaur egg hunt and Pin the Teeth on T-Rex.
- Awesome Astronauts – Blast off into outer space! Astronauts in training will learn to create alien ooze, design their own alien and older party guests can create origami stars for their own universe. (Please note: due to the amount of time involved with crafts there are no activities associated with this category).
- Movie Magic – All the biggest stars had to start somewhere and your young birthday star will get their chance to see their name in lights or make their very own “Walk of Fame” star. Other craft choices include a movie reel picture frame and a director’s slate board. Activities include “Popcorn” toss, chopstick relay and a trivia ball.
- Mission: Possible – Our spies begin by having their fingerprints taken. Messages in invisible ink lead our spies to clues created by them and older spies will create cipher wheels to work out their clues. Activities finish with our spies attempting to determine which fingerprint is theirs.
- Non-Members: $10.00 per child
- Museum Members: $8.00 per child
- Adults: free (1 adult required per 5 children)
- Note: Price does not include food, decorations or party favours, please feel free to provide your own.
- Please arrive 30 minutes ahead of time to set up.
- Call or email the Welland Museum to make a reservation. Please have a tentative date and time ready.
- Make arrangements for the deposit. We accept cash, debit, Visa or Mastercard.
- Ensure there is enough adult supervision for the kids attending the party. We require a 1/5 adult/child ratio.
- Finally and most importantly, Have Fun!
- All fees must be paid 2 weeks prior to the party (cash, debit, Visa or Mastercard).
- The Museum requires 7 days advance notice of cancellation, or 50% of the total cost will be retained.
- All birthday parties must be accompanied by 1 adult for every 5 children.
- All food allergies are the responsibility of the party host.
- All food and drink must remain in the party room.
- Any significant damage to the room or site will be charged to the person who booked the party.
- The Museum reserves the right to deny admission or exclude from the premises any individual(s) whose behaviours negatively impact on the Museum, its guests, volunteers or staff.
- The Welland Historical Museum is not liable for any losses or injuries incurred during the party.